Open Category (subcategories A1/A3 + A2)
The ‘open’ category encompasses operations with UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) that involve low risk and do not require authorization or declaration.
With this course, you will obtain the certificate that allows you to fly in the ‘open’ category (operations with UAS of low risk and do not require authorization or declaration) in Spain and the European Union.
The syllabus and exam are conducted on the AESA (State Air Safety Agency) platform. To access it, registration on their electronic platform is required.
Open Category A1 and A3:
- Regulatory Concept
- General Knowledge of UAS Flight
- Operational Procedures
Open Category A2
- Operational Categories
- Training Open Category
- UAS Flight Performance
- Technical and Operational Ground Risk Mitigations
- We will guide you and assist you in registering as an operator and getting registered, so you can take the AESA exam.
- You will have access to our platform, where you will find practice quizzes to enhance your preparation.
- Our instructors will provide support to address any queries you may have.
- Having a valid ID card (DNI)
Specific Category (STS 01 & 02)
The ‘specific’ category encompasses operations with UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) that involve medium risk.
– STS-ES-01: VLOS operations over a controlled land area in a populated environment.
– STS-ES-02: BVLOS operations with airspace observers over a controlled land area in a sparsely populated environment.
With this course, you will obtain the professional pilot certificate that qualifies you to fly your UAS in the standard scenarios STS 01 and STS 02.
To obtain the specific category certificate, you must pass both a theoretical and a practical exam.
For the theoretical part, we provide access to our platform where you will find the necessary study material and practice quizzes. Our instructors will be available to support you and address any doubts you may have.
After successfully passing the theoretical exam, you will proceed to the specific practical training.
As an AESA | EASA recognized training entity, we will evaluate your knowledge and skills through various drone maneuvers during the practical training. Once you are deemed ready, we will provide certification for your practical aptitude.
- Aeronautical regulations
- Human factors for UAS
- Operational Procedures
- Technical airborne risk mitigations
- General UAS knowledge
- Access to our platform, where you will find the necessary material.
- Test questionnaires to practice.
- Support from our instructors to solve your doubts.
- Evaluation of practical knowledge and practical certificate STS ES 01 and STS ES 02.
- It is necessary to have the open category certificate (subcategories A1/A3 + A2) in order to obtain this one.
- You must have a valid ID card.
Radio Operator Course
With the Radio Operator Certificate for aeronautical communications required for operations within controlled airspace, you will acquire the necessary knowledge to understand radio messages and communicate effectively with any ATS facility in the corresponding airspace. Additionally, you will learn to properly use communications during emergency and rescue situations, as well as the corresponding signals and radiotelephony techniques.
- Airspace and air traffic services.
- Radio procedures.
- Emergency procedures.
- A 100% online theoretical component on our platform, where you will find the necessary theoretical content that you can conveniently access from anywhere and at your own pace. In addition, there are quizzes available for you to practice what you have learned whenever and wherever you want.
- A practical component and an exam to verify that the student is capable of correctly applying the learned techniques, such as message transmission, message collation, aeronautical alphabet, etc.
- Possession of theoretical certificates in open category: A1/A3, A2, or specific category STS.
- Valid identification document (DNI).
- Being over 18 years old.